Meagan Simonaire in the community!
Active Voice in Annapolis Government
Del. Meagan Simonaire has been an active voice in Annapolis
- Working Against the Three Level Gas Tax Increase
- Working Against the Attack on 2nd Amendment Rights
- Working to Protect Maryland Clean Water Funds from Abuse
- Working to Prevent Drug Dealers in our schools
- Initiating Safe Harbor for Minors Legislation
- Supporting the Honoring of Young People in Our State
- Supporting the Criminalization of Inhumane Practices Against Animals
Volunteering in Community.
Co-Founder - Annual Chesapeake Summit
The annual event has attracted over 23 local K-12 schools participation.
The event has featured displays from our local Green Schools and local school projects,
the Maryland Environmental Services with live diamondback terrapins,
the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, and
our local Restore Rock Creek organization.
We have had national leaders in their fields provide awesome presentations. The guest speakers have spoken on topics ranging from "Water Quality" to "Oyster Restoration" and some of the Keynote speakers included:
- Dr. Allen Place, a distinguished professor at the Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology with a Ph.D. in
biochemistry from the Johns Hopkins University, spoke on the recent investigations of our local
waterways and potential solutions.
- Dr. Donald "Mutt" Meritt, a native Eastern Shoreman from Talbot County. He received his B.S. in Biology from St. Mary's College and his Ph.D in Marine, Estuarine, and Environmental Science from the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science as part of the oyster hatchery program. Twenty five years ago he was appointed director of the oyster hatchery program and has overseen its growth from a small research hatchery into the largest hatchery of Eastern Oysters in the world.
Special recognition was given to local students who had been nominated by their
schools for their environmental achievements.
Student involvement in improving our environment included organizing an environmental
club at school, recycling, using rain barrels, planting native shrubs and bay grasses,
habitat restoration, biking to work, terrapin turtle raising and release program,
creating an application for iPads and iPhones that would be used to give guided tours
and save paper and participation in the International Coastal Clean-up project.
Volunteered for State & National Campaigns
Worked volunteering on State and National Campaigns.
Volunteered by sign waving, going door to door and handing out
literature for candidates.
Volunteering to End Human Trafficking
Attended Conference in Georgia with 42,000 other young adults working to reduce Human Trafficking in America.
Helped initiate the Maryland Safe Harbor for Minors Legislation
Testified in Favor of Safe Harbor for Minors Legislation
On the Human Trafficking Workgroup for Legislation
Young Heroes Essay Contest
Over 30 schools in Anne Arundel County participate annually.
Over 6000 essays written since program began in 2008.
Program open to all AACO public and private elementary schools.
Meagan About in the Community
Attending Glenbrook Rifle Asscociation Meeting
Participating in another Chesapeake Awareness Event
Rock Creek Celebration at Md Yatch Club
Joining Community in Annual
Pasadena Christmas Tree Lighting
Annual Christmas Fundraiser
Auctioning off a "Oversized" gift
for our Military's "Operation Welcome Home MD"
Meagan mingling with Families at
Annual Pasadena Baseball Opening
Meagan joining "Comcast Cares" project in
Lake Waterford Park CleanUp
Meagan enjoying different foods with Friends
at the Annual Taste of Pasadena